Skip to content

Because of the personal nature of the information required by utility companies, Schoenrock Realtors cannot transfer utilities for our customers. We can, however, point you in the right direction. Below you will find contact information and links to various companies for your convenience. If you would like your company to be listed, feel free to contact us.

SELLERS and BUYERS should handle all utility changeovers prior to closing as serious property damage may result if heat or electric service is interrupted for any length of time.

Some companies, particularly the Junction City Water Department, may require some documentation of ownership and/or lease agreement. Be prepared to provide a copy of your contract or rental agreement to establish this service.

Most companies will require some form of a deposit. However, these deposits are waived in certain circumstances of previous service verifications. Please be sure to ask if the deposit might be waived in your case.

Following is a list of utility companies that service Junction City and the surrounding areas:

Electric service:

Westar Energy (800) 383-1183
(services the greater part of Junction City)
DSO (Rural Coop)
(services some new areas west and northwest in city limits as well as Rockwood Subdivision)
Flinthills Coop
(services Grandview Plaza)

Gas service:

Kansas Gas Service 800-794-4780
(services Junction City)

Propane Gas service:

Country Hills Energy Service, LLC (785) 762-5160
2618 Central Drive Junction City, KS 66441

Water service:

City of Junction City (785) 238-3103 Ext. 501
(services Junction City)
Municipal Building
700 N. Jefferson
Junction City, KS 66441

Trash service:

City of Junction City (785) 238-3103 Ext. 501
Municipal Building
700 N. Jefferson
Junction City, KS 66441

Cable Television:

Cox Communications (785) 238-6165
140 W. 8th St.
Junction City, KS 66441


Embarq Communications 800-788-3500


Junction City Daily Union (785) 762- 5000
222 W. 6th St.
Junction City, KS 66441
Back To Top